Idea Plan Template – use this to craft the pitch
- Submit your IDEA PLAN by 11/28 here. Professor Hargis will confirm your participation in the Pitch Contest on 12/3 via email. Without an IDEA Plan, you will not be able to participate.
- Look at the IDEA Plan Template to make sure you include all the content necessary for your pitch. It also includes the limited slide template.
- The pitch must be 3 -5 minutes (no less than 3, no more than 5).
- Look at the judges’ rubric to see how they will evaluate your pitch.
Pitch Score Sheet Fall 2018
While it is best if you attend the workshops, you can also access the info below to help prepare you for the Idea Challenge.
Toolkit – use these to help you prepare, fill out worksheets #1-4.
Business Model Canvas (follow along in Workshop #2 slides)
A variety of examples can be found at the UML DifferenceMaker Channel.
Where to do research to figure out viability of your idea.
- Use the MCC Market Research Guide to assist you with primary and secondary research
- Analysis – involves collecting data and organizing it in some fashion based on criteria you develop. They are useful when you want to find some trend or pattern. A type of analysis would be to record commercials on three major television networks and analyze gender roles.
- Use Industry Tools
- Trade Associations – trade groups always publish the most up to date info on trends and innovations that may impact consumers and your ideas. This list will help you find a trade association that makes sense for your idea.
- Use research and analysis from others
- Size Up Tool from SBA
- Consumer Expenditure Survey – there are a ton of reports about how consumers (and how much!) spend money
- Statistical Abstracts – use these abstracts to help you analyze data to understand consumers trends and patterns.
- Pew Research – reports on literally almost everything to help you analyse issues, problems, needs, etc.
- Design of Questions – very important to make sure you are asking the right question!
- Survey of target market
- Speak with stakeholders
Check out other RESOURCES available