What does entrepreneurship look like @ MCC?
Middlesex Community College is among the region’s leaders in entrepreneurial education. Our faculty members are a diverse mix with experience in starting businesses and consulting with a broad range of business leaders in helping launch new innovative products and services.
The curriculum at MCC is action-oriented, interlaced with experiential learning and studies designed to help students acquire the tools, develop the skills, and cultivate the initiative in organizing, launching, and managing successful new ventures.
We even have a certificate program that guides you step by step to launch during the semester. The Launch Your Business Now program is also tied to an unique funding investment opportunity called the Everyday Entrepreneurs Venture Fund (EEVF). Students can get seed money for their business.
Besides the Launch at MCC program, we also offer the following:
- Associate of Science in Business Entrepreneurship, a two-year degree with core classes to start a business. Click here to find out more in the catalog.
- Entrepreneurship Certificate is an excellent add on to any Associate Degree offered here at MCC. Click here to find out more in the catalog.
- Start Your Business Now Certificate is an action packed semester that has you start your business as you go through the courses. Click here to find out more in the catalog. Then visit Launch at MCC to learn more.
The Entrepreneurship Certificate Program
The Entrepreneurship Certificate program develops an entrepreneurial mindset and the skill sets essential to identify and evaluate opportunities and effectively develop strategies for launching or growing a business.
This certificate program prepares students planning to start a small business, grow a business, or planning to take a management role in business regardless of academic discipline.
- Visit the Department Website for this program
- View the Academic Advising Guide for this program
- View the Academic Map for this program
Want to learn more? Contact Professor Hargis.
The IDEA Center
The IDEA Center’s mission is to inspire an understanding of entrepreneurial thinking and innovative practices to promote creativity, innovation, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Through the IDEA Center, we provide activities to help foster entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
We do this by sponsoring events, contests, panels, and workshops for our community. We also connect students to resources to help them nurture and grow their ideas, whether they be business enterprises or non-profit organizations – if you have an idea or a solution to a problem, we want to help you explore and develop.
We seek to prepare our students to be strong, competitive and relevant for the 21st century workforce. We work to advance the understanding that entrepreneurship is a learned way of thinking and an approach to challenges that embraces risk and problem solving in creative and collaborative ways. We seek to develop curriculum, activities, and programming that helps students of all disciplines integrate entrepreneurial thinking into their education.