- Have an idea
- See a problem that needs solved
- Want to make a difference in the community or world
Does this sound like you?
Then participate in the DifferenceMaker@MCC Idea Challenge. Join a team to pitch your awesome idea that solves a problem that will make a difference in the world!
Build your resume AND win awesome prizes to help you put it into action at the Idea Challenge Pitch Contest.
What kinds of ideas ….
- Challenges can be about healthcare, technology, energy, homelessness, climate change, food security, etc…
- It can be an innovative process, product, or idea.
- The possibilities are endless.
Everyone is welcome no matter what major!
Fall 2018 Dates
All events are 2 – 4 pm on Bedford campus
Mon Nov 5 – Workshop # 1 in HH 310
Mon Nov 19 – Workshop # 2 in HH 310
Mon Nov 26 – Workshop # 3 in HH 310
Mon Dec 3 – DifferenceMaker@MCC IDEA Challenge in Café East
Teams can win awesome prizes at the DifferenceMaker@MCC Idea Challenge Pitch Contest.
- 1st place $1000
- 2nd place $500
- 3rd place $300
How does it work?
- Form a student team to develop a real solution to a real problem. Teams must have at least 2 people.
- Apply to the via the Application on the IDEA Center website.
- Attend workshops to help you create concept proposals that address a real world challenge. You do not have to attend the workshops, but they definitely help you prepare for the pitch contest
- Use the MCC 2017 Toolkit Worksheets to research your Problem, Opportunity, Solution and Resources.
- Submit your MCC 2017 Idea Plan Template by 11/13 to email@example.com use IDEA PLAN in the subject. The IDEA Plan is your entry to participate in the Pitch Contest on 11/16. Without an IDEA Plan, you will not be able to participate.
- Compete in the pitch contest. The pitch must be under 3 minutes. Prizes will be awarded to teams that present the best ideas and strategies for addressing various social and business challenges.
- You could also win a chance to pitch at UMass Lowell’s DifferenceMakers Preliminary IDEA Challenge in April 2018 with an opportunity to win $$$ to help launch your idea.
Why attend workshops?
- Teams should attend workshops to receive support to develop their concept… from idea generation to opportunity evaluation to value proposition to pitch.
- Workshops will help you develop an idea, refine it, and perfect a pitch for it.
- You do not have to attend workshops in order to participate in the Idea Challenge but it is highly encouraged. Resources will be provided on the IDEA Center website.
Past DM@MCC info: