The DifferenceMakers at MCC made a major splash at the IDEA Challenge Pitch Contest on Monday, Dec 3rd. Five teams competed to win the top prize of $1,000 to help turn their idea into a reality. The ideas were outstanding! The problems addressed included voter apathy, driver safety, treatment for seasonal affective disorder, treatment for sensory processing disorder, and innovative resources for students.
17 students from across disciplines competed on 5 teams.
1st place winners ($1,000 prize)
VotEd (Olivia Reposa, Michael Dignan, Gillian Inglis – Business)
2nd place winners ($500 prize)
Omni Sense (Christopher Bonaccolta, Brandon Laplante, and Stephen Gakuya – Mechancical Engineering)
3rd place winners ($300 prize)
HUSH (Ash Whiting, LAS and Katherine Schirpke – Business)
Congratulations!! We will keep you updated as things move along with their ideas.
Pictured below are winning teams with our judges.
A big thank you to our community Judges:
- Jeanne L. Osborn, Marketing and Public Relations Manager at LifeLinks, Inc.
- Colleen Gordon, Social Media Coordinator at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Peter J. Bagley, Managing Director at Commonwealth Leadership Institute
And our MCC Judges:
- Phil Sisson, Provost
- Judy Hogan, Dean of Business, Legal Studies, and Public Service
- Michele Stein, Computing and Engineering Department Chair
Interested in learning more? Check out our DifferenceMaker@MCC Idea Challenge page here.